Happy December!
I have been in Nepal for over 14 weeks now and the program aspects are quickly winding down. This time last week, I was sitting in my ISP advisor's home in Pokhara typing up my research findings and now I am sitting in my hotel room in Boudha (Kathmandu) after having been woken up by the Tibetan Buddhist monks chanting session.
There is so much to look forward to in the next few days. Finishing my ISP and presenting my research, reuniting with my homestay family, spending time with the other SIT kids, etc. Yet, I find myself being wary of looking ahead. And instead have been struggling to hold on to each moment and to reflect on my time spent in Nepal and all that I have learned. Over dinner the other night, someone brought up how young and naive we all were when we first met in the airport and how quickly we were forced to adapt to the novelty of our surroundings. Needless to say things have certainly changed. Now getting crammed into a bus with no door and only having one foot firmly in is an regular occurrence and talking about bowel movements is suitable table conversation. The familiarity and comfort I feel in this place never ceases to amaze me.
Time to embrace the day!
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - Red, Shawshank Redemption
Raamro sanga basnus!
Meghan/Muna
No comments:
Post a Comment