Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New photos!

Namaste! It has been over two weeks since my last post, maaph garnus! Anway, I have added a new page to the blog called "SNAPSHOTS of Nepal" which is located at right. Enjoy! These are from the first month of my program. Since I last posted we headed to Darjeeling (India or Gorkhaland - depending on who you talk to...) and spent 5 days in the hills visiting tea gardens (monoculture and permaculture) and interviewing (in Nepali!) local vendors about their relationship to Darjeeling and their thoughts on the Gorkhaland movement. I had some great conversations with people there, most of the time in Nepali which was very exciting!

More later... language class in 2 minutes got to run!

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are awesome! The mountains are breathtaking and I am in love with that adorable little girl (your host sister?)! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete